Friday 27 January 2012

Please Let Them Say Snow Day!!!!!!!!!

    I went to bed last night thinking "please let it freeze rain, please let it freeze rain".  When my husband came into the bedroom this morning to tell me to "take my time getting up, all the busses were canceled and everything looks like glass."  I smiled.  I love snow days!  I love them because it means no structure.  I hate routine, I hate structure.  With 4 kids I know that structure makes life easier, but I hate it.  I hate have to's.  This is why I spend my Sunday's preparing for the week, because if I do, it is one less headache.  I try to look the kids clothes out the night before so that it is one less thing in the morning.
    Inevitably one of my kids just diddles around all morning and then is shocked when I tell them they have 5 minutes to get dressed and get to school.  Sometimes  I will send them to get their teeth brushed and get dressed and twenty minutes later I find them in their pajamas having a giggle with one of their siblings.  I spend every morning yelling at someone, sometimes everyone.  I hate that that is the way they start their morning, but I seem powerless to stop it.  The alternative is to ride them every waking second so that they are ready on time, but that is not the way I want them to start their day either.
    This parenting thing is tough.  It is difficult to find the right balance.  Maybe by the time they are in their 40's I'll have it all figured out.  I am a work in progress, I just have to remind myself of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment