Saturday 4 February 2012

I Love You This Much

    I am an over- the- top mom, oh who am I kidding, I am an over- the- top person.  If one cupcake is perfect, then I will make 20, I can't seem to help it.  For the kids, I always think, "I'm making memories".  I am making memories, I just hope that the memories are not "remember how CRAZY mom was?".  I want them to have a magical childhood, to look back when life is difficult (and there are times that it will be), and remember what it felt like to be wrapped in love.  I want them to carry my intense love with them like an invisible sweater through their entire lives.

  We have a bulletin board that I have hung at the bottom of our stairs.  I put up the kid's best artwork, birthday cards, or anything they think is special.  They love to see their work displayed for everyone to see.  It is just an inexpensive bulletin board I purchased at Walmart and then I hot glued some tin stars around the outside to decorate it.



    Last night I spent about an hour cutting out hearts and writing on them.  As I was doing this I was imagining their little face's as they came down the stairs in the morning.  They are going to really love it, I thought.  This morning I lay in bed listening for their reactions.  I waited, and waited, and waited... nothing.  About two hours later as Rowan made his way to the bathroom, he said "hey who did this?".  That is as close to a reaction as I got.  Well it makes me smile, I guess that's what I need to hold on to.

You might want to stay tuned for more of my CRAZY valentine's escapades,
I really love Valentines Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment