Wednesday 29 February 2012

GLOOP... the kids have a new love!







    I have become addicted to Pinterest (don't judge me, I know you are too, and if you're not what's wrong with you?)  I am always looking for things that I can do with the kids.  I saw "gloop" a few times and was intrigued.  Two liquids form a solid, this I had to try.  I adjusted the recipe, because as usual I did not have the correct quantities of things.

    Here is my recipe... you will need two bowls.  In the first bowl I mixed one 4oz bottle of white Elmers Glue, then filled the bottle with hot water ( so in other words you will need 4 oz of water) and mixed the two together.  I then added green food gel.  Take it from me, use less than you think you should.  We all look a lot like the Incredible Hulk after playing with the Goop, because as usual I thought that more is better.
   In the second bowl I mixed 3/4 of a teaspoon of Borax with 1/2 cup of hot water.  I mixed them until the Borax was completely dissolved.
    Now for the cool part (yes I am essentially a little kid trapped in a woman's body).  I mixed the two bowls into one.  It became solid almost immediately.  The kids thought this was as cool as I did, I swear.  I then mixed it by hand to make sure it was completely blended.  It was then stolen from me by Rowan and Riley (Grace was too grossed out to play with it).  They played with it for hours.  Inevitably it became the stuff of many booger jokes.  When Elly came home from her visit at Nana and Popa's she too was hooked.




The recipe that I converted suggested refrigerating it, but hey I know better, we just put it in the cupboard (I'll tell you tomorrow if I am a complete idiot).  It made up about 2 cups of goop.

No comments:

Post a Comment