Wednesday 15 February 2012

Ice- Cream Cone Cupcakes

The Ice-Cream Cone Cupcakes ...

    I have had a lot of people asking me how I made the ice-cream cone cupcakes.  It made me decide that I would do a step- by -step for anyone who wanted the instructions.

Step #1  Make your cake batter (although in almost every instance I prefer scratch above mix, this is not the case for cake.  I think that cake mix is so much more moist than any scratch cake I have ever made).

Step #2 Take ice-cream cones and put them into a 9X13 baking dish ( I used a 9x9 for this batch).

Step #3 Fill the ice-cream cones with cake batter.  You don't want to over fill them, I know this from experience, what a mess!  Fill them to about 3/4 of the way up to the top of the cone.


Step #4 Cook the cup cakes for about half an hour at 350 degrees on the centre rack.   Let them cool.

Step #5 To get the rainbow effect, take a Q-tip and dip it into food colour gel.  I then ran stripes of food colour up the sides of the icing bag.  It helps to put the icing bag into a large cup to stabilize it.     
                   

Step #6  I start the icing around the outside of the cupcake.  I then circle around to the inside.  I put  pressure on the icing bag when I finish and then pull up, to make the ice-cream swirl.




Step #7 Eat and enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment