Wednesday 29 February 2012

Sanity Savers a.k.a. "Travel Books"

  


        The car seat organizers have been sewn, and now I have begun to compile the kid's travel books.


I began by visiting my favourite store, the dollar store.  I purchase four binders of the same colour ( I have learned from experience to buy anything other than the same colour for everyone is begging for a screaming match).  I also purchased some letter stickers so that I could put everyone's name on their binder.  As you can see I also thought it might be fun to include "Florida".


I  purchased a few packages of page protectors.  I gave each binder two sheets of stickers so that they could personalize their own binders on the way there.  I put the stickers into a page protector.




I thought that it might be fun to include a map of the United States so that 
they could colour the states that we pass through.


I have included lots of mazes, crosswords, and spot the difference puzzles.


I have put a few pocket protectors in the binder.  You can't have too many Battle Ship games, Tic Tac Toe, Connect the Dots, or Hang Man.  I have included at least 6 sheets of each of these games and labeled the top of the pocket protector to tell them what games are in it.


I found some really great websites that have helped a lot!  They have some really great printable games and travel ideas.  I found the most helpful sites to be....

momsminivan.com

printableactivities.cim

wejustgotback.com

summerroadtrip.ca


Please share your sanity savers.... I need all the help I can get!

2 comments:

  1. excellent idea. i made a few of these in my day for the kids when we traveled by train. i also included snippets of history or scenic look-outs or .... so they learned something & actually looked outside once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi child of mine I love what you have done to your blog.And the books you made are great.Once again great job,I just wish there were blogs like this when you and your sister were little,Stay at home Moms need as much help as they can get

    ReplyDelete