Tuesday 26 June 2012

Teacher's Gifts... Part Two


    A few weeks ago I painted pots for the kid's teachers.  I would not let them come near me with a ten foot pole while I was working on them ( if you want the instructions for them, see my blog from a few weeks ago).  They desperately wanted to help, but I held them at bay.  


    When it came to planting the pots, I let the kids help.  I was prepared for a nightmare, but it all worked out.  I let each kid plant two pots.  I enjoyed watching their level of concentration while they planted.  They really enjoyed it, and really did not make a mess.




    These pots are going to Elly's nursery school teachers, and the big kids gym teachers, art teachers, music teachers, french teacher.  All the teachers that they want to recognise, but that other wise it would be too costly to.  This was a really inexpensive gift, but a thoughtful gift.  It cost me under $20.00 to make 11 pots.  The kids feel proud because they had a hand in the gifts, and I feel happy because I really enjoyed painting the pots and it did not cost a fortune, it's a win win.



No comments:

Post a Comment