Thursday 11 October 2012

Samplicious - Getting To Try New Products


    A few months ago I received an email from Kraft.  The email offered me the opportunity to pay $20.00 to cover shipping and handling, and they would send me over $50.00 worth of new products to try.  I had my credit card out faster than you can say "Bob's Your Uncle".  I LOVE to be the first to try new products.  It makes me feel special.  I feel very elite, you know like I'm in some secret cool kid club.  The frugal mom in me likes that I can try new things, and if the kids don't like them, it's no great trouble to the ever present budget.  
    I was so excited.  It was like waiting for Christmas.  Everyday I would go to the mail box, eagerly anticipating that little card in the mail box telling me I have a package.  I really am basically a big kid.  Finally that day came.  The kids were so excited that they wanted to tear open the box in the car.  I made them wait until we got home (even though I wanted to tear it open in the car, but felt like I needed to set a good example).  We put the box on the floor, and everyone sat around it.  Slowly, carefully I opened the box.  It was filled with boxes of cookies, and boxes of fun new flavours of crackers.  There were coupons for free refrigerate-able products.  Oh I was so excited.  We then opened every single box, and tried everything.  It was really a lot of fun.  We all compared which were our favourites, which ones we would buy again, which ones were fun to try, but would not need to purchase again.


  Recently I received another email from Kraft, asking if I would like to receive another Samplicious trial package.  Do monkeys like bananas?  You bet!  I pulled out the credit card, this Samplicious package contained cheese products.  The price had gone up, to $30.00, that's o.k., the first package was worth it.  So I waited for my package, excitedly.
    A few weeks ago I received a large envelope in the mail.  It contained a "What's Cooking" magazine full of recipes, and a page full of coupons to receive "free" cheese products.  It was a little bit of a let down.  There was not the same excitement level as the first package.  I knew that they could not deliver refrigerate-able products through the mail, but it so lacked that instant gratification, it lacked the excitement.  I went to the store, and none of my local stores stocked any of the new products.  I guess I may have to wait until my next trip to Toronto to get my products.   This Samplicious was a bit of a let down.  Having said that, if I am asked to take part again, I will.  I do love to be the first to try new products.  I love that anticipation of the package coming, and getting to try new things.  Maybe I should try one of those Christmas Hampers that they always advertise on t.v..
    



I just need you to hit this two more times.

1 comment:

  1. Want To Increase Your ClickBank Banner Commissions And Traffic?

    Bannerizer makes it easy for you to promote ClickBank products with banners, simply visit Bannerizer, and grab the banner codes for your selected ClickBank products or use the Universal ClickBank Banner Rotator to promote all of the available ClickBank products.

    ReplyDelete