Sunday 10 February 2013

Snow!



    Holy Snow Batman!  We just got hit with a winter's worth of snow this past Friday.  I will admit that the snow storm was pretty exciting (I don't get out much).  It just kept coming and coming.  It was deceptive because it looked like this gentle pretty snowfall, and then I went outside.  On Friday I shoveled my driveway three times!  Each time I shoveled it, it was like the first time.


    Friday's snowstorm reminded me of years gone by.  You know that you have become an old person when you begin a sentence with "When I was a kid..."  But... when I was a kid, we had snow like this every winter!  I remember going out to play and the snow was literally up over my swing set because of the drifting.


    Today the kids begged me to go out and play on the big pile that the snow plows had left.  I felt safe that the snowplows were finished and that they could safely go out and play on it.  There is so much snow that it is piled right up to the top of the school fence which is about 8 feet tall.



    The kids had a blast climbing up the snow pile.  They were running down on their toboggans.  The funniest thing was that it isn't really a smooth hill, part of it was more like a small cliff.  Off they would plunge down the hill screaming, the dog running along side them.     


    I imagine when the kids grown up they will remember the snow pile as being 20 feet tall, and the drop being an actual cliff.  I will remember their little red faces, and their mittens encrusted in snow.  Most of all I will remember them laughing so hard that I could hear them in the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment