Tuesday 31 December 2013

2014 I Resolve not to make a Resolution!!!



    Christmas has been packed away and stored in the basement.  It has come and it has gone and it was beautiful.  It was truly one of the most beautiful Christmas's that I can remember.  It's beauty was in it's ease and simplicity.  There was peace.  The kids opened their gifts calmly while the adults drank coffee and watched.  It was everything that I could want.
    Christmas is over and now it's New Year's Eve.  Every New Year's Eve I become retrospective.  I look at the past year with mostly fondness.  It is the time that I analyze what my life is, very philosophical.  It really is a introspective time for me.  I look at what I did right and what I could have done better.
    Every year I make a resolution, only to let it slip away within weeks.  Each year I promise myself that this will be the year I will make it stick.  Each year that I don't,  I berate my lack of willpower and general poor character.  I beat myself up over my short comings.  It is always the same New Years Resolution circulations, "Get Healthy", "Get Organized", "Loose Weight".  The only resolution that I have ever kept is to be "Kinder to myself and make myself more of a priority."  Were I to really think about it, that is the best one that I could keep.
    This New Year's I will not be making a resolution.  There are certainly things that I would like to improve in my life, but not enough to make a resolution.  To be honest, right now in this moment, I really like my life, I like me.  I am surrounded by love.  I have everything that I could need, not want.  Want and need are two very different things.  Need is what is necessary for survival, want is often desire.
    At this very moment in time I have a husband who adores me, and I in turn adore.  I have beautiful healthy children, who are smart and are on their way to changing the world.  I have both of my parents who are both healthy, who love me and I love.  I have a house that I love.  I have the most amazing wonderful friends in the entire world.  My cup runnth over.  I am blessed.  I could stand to get healthier, lose weight and get organized.  When I am ready to do those things they will fall into place for me.  For right now I have what I need.

Happy New Year, may you find love and happiness in the coming year.










No comments:

Post a Comment