Sunday 19 January 2014

You Are Not Alone


    What shall I blog about today?  That is the question I often ask myself.  Sometimes it's easy, sometimes more difficult.  This morning I really gave my blog some thought.  I've been doing this for a little while now.  I love to write, I love to share (some might argue that I over share).  As I was thinking about what to write I realized that my blogs are all over the board.  Sometime I write about something that I have tried.  Sometimes it's a vacation or adventure that we have journeyed on.  Sometimes a neat recipe.  Sometimes it's how I have learned to cope with a difficult situation.  It's really a little dysfunctional if I pull it away and look at it.
    I had toyed with the idea of writing a blog, long before I ever gathered the courage to begin.  I would always ask myself what would my blog look like, what would it be about?  Most blogs are "about" something.  There are beautiful craft blogs, cooking blogs, decorating blogs, parenting blogs.  Most blogs are about "one thing".  My original idea was that I would like a blog that would be like a magazine, a little bit of something for everyone.  The reason that I wanted this format is because I am a jack of all trades and a master of none.  Basically I write about my life.
     There are days that I wonder why anyone would really care about what I wrote.  Then I think about it a little.  For the most part we have as a society lost our community.  Many of us have lost our church groups that brought so many together in the past (no judgement, I myself am not a church goer).  Many of us left school and lost that talent for making friends so easily in our adulthood.  What I am saying is that the African saying that it takes a village to raise a child, also applies to adults.  I think that we need community, we need "our village".  We need to know that people care about us.  We need to feel loved and accepted.  We want to know that we are not the only one in this big world.  For many, the internet has become "their community".  Through the internet we are all connected.  We don't have to feel so alone.
    My desire is that my blog can not only satisfy my desire to write, but may bring some comfort to those who may feel that they are alone.  So often we worry about how we are as mothers, as humans.  We put up a false face, showing who we want the world to see, and covering up those open sores.  With this blog I want you to see my true face, and know that you are not alone.  None of us are perfect, none of us are without pain.  We are all just living this life the best that we can, and none of us should feel like we are alone.
    In the future when you look at my blog and wonder why I skip around so much, now you know.  My life is complex.  I am an expert on nothing, but I like to try everything.  I am willing to wear my heart on my sleeve, and let you see my pain, knowing that you can probably relate.  I am also willing to share my shortcomings, also knowing that you probably share them too.  Being a Mom is really what my blog is about.  We Mom's have to juggle a lot of balls.

    I know that you know this, but I will just remind you.  This blog is as much yours as it is mine.  If there is something that you would like to see, please let me know and I'll do my best.  If there is something that you would like to say, please share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment