Tuesday 11 February 2014

Valentines Wall Art


    Don't say I didn't give you fair warning.  Until Valentines Day, you are going to have to see Valentines preparations every day!  I've been out of commission and have had lots of free time on my hands which means crafts!


    I have a huge box full of scrapbooking supplies.  For the last 12 years I have told myself that I am going to construct beautiful pages of our memories.  I have yet to do a single one.  All of that beautiful paper is just sitting there, well it "was".  This week I pulled that box out from under my bed.  I decided to put it to good use. 


    I picked up some shadow box picture frames at the Dollar Store for our project.


    I then took that prized scrapbooking paper of mine, and used the picture frame matting
 as a template for my Valentines background.


I used a plastic scrapbooking template, and cut traced out several 
hearts from card stock and pretty scrapbooking paper.



I glued the first heart down in the centre of my background.


I then layered several other hearts over the top of the first one.


Carefully I bent up the sides of the hearts to give it the 3-D look. 



When I was satisfied with my results, I set the kids at the same craft.




    The kids loved this craft!  I hung their pictures upstairs in the hallway.  They couldn't wait for Daddy to get home so that they could show him their art.  They really did do a great job.  It looks very pretty, and festive, and every time the kids walk past their art they feel pride.  Maybe having to slow down is not such a bad thing... I need to remember to do this more often when I feel well too!

No comments:

Post a Comment